Sunday, August 17, 2014

Bathroom update

The guest bathroom is about 95% done. This was originally going to be a simple job of taking down the wallpaper and painting. After my mom (Sylvia) worked for at least two days trying to get that stubborn stuff off of the wall with no end in sight, we put a hold on the project to decide what we'd do. In the meantime, we discovered termite damage in about 40% of the bathroom. Thankfully it was old termite damage and hadn't made it to the ceiling joists. We decided to sister in new studs and put in new sheetrock and cement board where the old tile in the shower was. 

We dismantled and refinished the old cabinets, put new handles in, and simply spray painted the old hinges ( We found this very nice sink in the "As is" section at IKEA for the price of a meal at a nice restaurant. IKEA even mailed us new plumbing for free, which wasn't included.

New tile on the floor:

Creepy guy in the shower:

New tile in the shower:

Now it's ready for Fammo!

1 comment:

  1. Whew! Good thing the termite damage didn't make it to the ceiling joists. The repairs could've had a terrible impact on your bathroom makeover. Anyway, the new tiles look great. You guys did a great job in picking it. Thanks for sharing that! Kudos and all the best! :)

    Rick Greer @ Finlay Brewer