Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sausage making

One of our major purchases with our Amazon.com money was the meat grinder attachement for our Cuisinart mixer so I could try my hands at a challenging new hobby - sausage making.



Meat grinder attached and as the pork meets it's doom.


Step one is to cut the pork into 1 inch stripes so that it will fit in the grinder.


Done! Yes, I decided to grind some bacon into some of the pork. I decided to make two very simple kinds of sausages in order to become familiar with the hardware and process. On the left is the meat and fat for Italian sausage, on the bottom right is meat for a "Southern" breakfast sausage, and on the top right is meat for an stuffed cabbage dish I made that night.



Now to the grind!


Finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment