Sunday, August 26, 2012

Finland again

So I'm in Finland again. This time only for a week - and by myself. I couldn't miss brother's wedding yesterday. I'm very happy to be here, to see my family again, but I really miss Weslie and Edith. I really wish they could be here, but it wasn't possible this time. Thanks to Fammo and Faffa, and aunt Cecelia who came out to Texas to help out while I'm gone. Here are some pictures from my visit here.

Edgar, Nadja and Hannes playing:

 Kika and her youngest son Adam:

Our youngest niece, Isabelle, 6 months (Dani's and Sofie's daughter): 

Dad, Tussi and Martina hanging out: 

Mom and Dad visiting Joppi's and Janina's new apartment: 

Mom and Dad recently sold their cabin and bought this nice motorhome instead: 



My brothers are avid hunters. The hunting season for seabird (mallards, Canada geese and the like) started last Monday. In a couple of days Mom had enough to cook a delicious dinner. It's been many years since I last had anything like this. Everyone was really sorry though that Weslie couldn't be here to taste it.

The finished meal, seabird in a creamy pepper sauce with mashed potatoes and salad:

Esther's got shorter hair now. She visited her big brother's (Lukas, 5) hairstudio recently. 

Our godson Adam (17 months) is a charmer: 

No comments:

Post a Comment