Saturday, May 5, 2012

Call Night

I think we're just now starting to recover from the anticipation and stress of this past week! I'm humbled and overjoyed to have been called to be pastor of Grace Lutheran Church in Burkburnett, TX. If you'd like to read a bit more about the area, the Wiki article is pretty good and has a neat story about the naming of the city. 

Edith got very dressed up for the occasion, and chose a dress that Fammo (Sylvia/Gran/etc.) brought from Alabama. She's pretty dang cute:



The happy family just minutes before the service:


Auntillia took a turn holding her before the service:


And Fammo. LOOK AT THOSE ROLLS ON EDITH'S KNEES!


The processional:


You can sort of see me to the left there:


The front of Kramer Chapel:


This is after my name was called and before they announced where I was being sent:


Shaking hands with President Matt Harrison:


We're so thrilled to be going to Grace, and will post more information and pictures of the church as soon as we can!

1 comment:

  1. Who is gonna notice the knees when you got wrists like that?...is what I always say. I do love the wrist rolls! I was so sad when Lily lost her wrist rolls.

    I'm very thankful and happy for you all! Lots of hugs and love.

    ReplyDelete